Thursday, August 27, 2015

Slow Motion Race

D4C,

Calling everyone who knows how to do an AB work out... I need pointers and new exercises! I need to lose a lot more off my waist, then anywhere else now. I would love some tips & tricks. PLEASE!



Embracing the change, I know everyone wishes it would happen faster or there was a magic cure. But the Magic Cure is to make a goal, follow through and work hard. It feels as though this "journey" is a slow motion race to a finish line.

Literally Dancing my Buns Off, 

Weight Loss: 
Weeks Loss: -1.5 lbs (Last weigh in Wednesday August 26)
Total Loss: -32.5 lbs (Since May 28) 
Goal: -60 lbs (By March 5, 2016)
*Only -27.5 lbs to go*

Inches Loss: 
Bust: -6 inches
Waist: -6 inches
Hips: -9 inches 
Total Inches Loss: -21 inches
Goal: - 31 inches (By March 5, 2016)
*Only -10 inches to go*

1 comment:

  1. Karla! I've been following your blog and I'm so proud of you - the commitment you've made is absolutely incredible. It's exciting and inspiring to watch! I would suggest barbell weights for abs. It may sound counterintuitive but I know from experience that it works. All Olympic lifting requires control and tightness in your midsection. You can YouTube tutorials of each movement and start with light weights (or no weights just use a broom/hockey stick to get the movement down). Things like snatches and overhead squats made a HUGE difference for me. I've been doing CrossFit for a few years and when I started, I was small but had never seen any definition in my waist. I just figured I couldn't get abs based on genetics. Olympic lifting was the only thing that actually made a difference in my waist! CrossFit in general is definitely worth looking into too. It changed working out for me - it became more about finally getting a pull-up than what I looked like or what I weighed (which we know actually makes us look better and weigh less...go figure). You can find tons of CrossFit workouts online (most gyms post theirs) and do it at home or at your regular gym. I LOVE box jumps, burpees, kettle bells, sprints, and any barbell movement - back squats, front squats, overhead squats, deadlifts, snatches, clean & jerks, overhead press etc. It has made the biggest difference for me mentally and physically. Hope that helps! Congratulations on the amazing success you've already had! Everyone's body is different so it's just about finding what works best for you but more importantly, what is fun for you and that you can sustain. Can't wait to stay tuned and hear how this cleanse goes! xo

    ReplyDelete