Thursday, August 6, 2015

August's Inspirational Interview - Meet Carrigan

Good Morning Cheeseburger Lovers,

Today's the day for August's Inspirational Interview! Please meet my friend and work out partner Carrigan Dejardins.

 How much have you lost? My heaviest weight was close to 200 pounds. That’s when I thought eating my feelings was okay. I currently weigh roughly 157 pounds, which is not my lowest, but I think to a certain degree, healthiest. I’m always on a journey with my weight. I feel like I’ll never be satisfied however, I’ve learned to embrace it and love myself!

 When did you start your health journey? I started my health journey when I lived in England. My boyfriend and I at the time split and honestly, that was the best thing that happened to me. I got a personal trainer and lost 40 pounds. I was then diagnosed with Celiac Disease and had to start my eating routine all over again. I then lost another 40 pounds very quickly because I was quite sick. Moving back to Canada I was at my lowest weight ever at probably 125-130 pounds. University kicked in and I didn’t gain the freshman 15 but, I focused more on school and my next chapter. So I’ve fluctuated a lot. But the weight I’m at now is the heaviest I’ve been since moving back to Canada! Every day is a new adventure.

 Motivation to why you started? This time, I wasn’t happy. I was unhappy with how I looked and felt. I know that my weight took a toll on my relationship, sorry Kyle, as I wasn’t happy all the time. Now, I’m back to me! I feel more outgoing and motivated to get up and go in the morning. Which, I love that feeling. I wish everyone felt that way!

 What is your start, current and goal Size? I think I’m in between a 6 and an 8 right now. I weigh close to 157 but it goes up and down all the time! I’m not looking to lose a lot of weight, maybe 10 pounds, I just want to feel better!

What has changed the most in your life? My current relationship. I want to be as happy as he is every day and I know that my weight and how I was feeling about myself was stopping me from that. I have so much more energy to hang out with friends and go for long hikes and walks without getting winded; it’s a great feeling!

Goal lbs lost, inches goal? I don’t think I have a goal that I would like to see, maybe 10 pounds.  So, just feeling better about myself. Maybe wear a bikini at this point and not really worry that my thighs are clapping like a thunder storm, or people will be caring what I look like. It’s about me, not you!

 Is there a finish line date or what was the finish line date? There will never be a finish line. Just always encouraging myself to feel better, to stay positive and to be motivated to do my best! I think it’s my life goal, just be around to see future kids and grandkids!

 Did you have any challenges? Eating is my biggest challenge! I love chips. I love chocolate. But most I LOVE WINE! I would drink wine for days if it was allowed! So I work out to drink wine and not feel guilty about it. I also love cheese. Like actually love cheese. What kind you ask? Anything. Anything in cheese form with wine and chocolate. That would be my last meal if I ever had to choose! So I need to work my little buns off in order to allow for those times when I splurge!

  What is your new diet/exercise routine? Working out with Karla! She’s honestly been my biggest motivator. Being on this journey with her was like a blessing in disguise. This may sound corny but you challenge me each week to beat you! I know you are creeping up on me so I’ve got to stay sharp! Just trying to be as active as possible would be my new routine.

What has been the best change? My mood. I know I can still be cranky if I don’t eat (or have wine!) or work out, so it’s something I’m working through each day and challenging myself to stay happy and positive! 




Literally Dancing my Buns off, 

Weight Loss: 
Weeks Loss: -1 lbs (Last weigh in Wednesday August 5)
Total Loss: -27 lbs (Since May 28) 
Goal: -50 lbs (By March 5, 2016)
*Only -23 lbs to go*

Inches Loss:  
Bust: -6 inches
Waist: -5 inches
Hips: -6.5 inches 

Total Inches Loss: -17.5 inches
Goal: -27 inches (By March 5, 2016)
*Only -9.5 inches to go*


No comments:

Post a Comment