Friday, July 3, 2015

July's Inspiration Interview

Hello Dancing 4 Cheeseburger Lovers, 

I'm happy to announce that once a month I'm going to do an inspirational interview. I hope this will not only motivate me to get off my Buns and move my body! But you too! All of these people have lost over 20lbs and have changed their lives. A lot of them are still on their Journey to Health, and feel as though they are not "finished" yet. But they are so inspirational and motivating. If you would like to tell your story on my blog please message me, and I'll send you the interview! Thanks!

  • Please meet Kate
  • How much have you lost? Almost 50lbs (and Sticking)

  • When did you start your health journey? My Journey started August of 2014 (almost a year ago)

  • Motivation to why you started? I was tired of the depression and weight gain cycle, mixed in with emotional eating. I was full of self hate and shame for letting myself get to the point I was at, but I couldn't seem to stop eating the pain. I eventually got so fed up with how frustrated and angry I was at myself, that I made contact with a running clinic and signed on that same day.

  • What is your start, current and goal Size? My starting weight was 260 lbs. and was about a size 20(ish). My current weight is 210 lbs. and a size 14. My goal size is a size 10 and whatever weight gets me there.

  • What has changed the most in your life? Definitely my self confidence. I am continuing to accomplish something that has battled me FOR YEARS. My depression is so much better than what it was last year and I feel like I can now take on challenges I never thought possible (even when I was a skinny smoker!).
  • Goal lbs lost? The minute the first number on the scale has a ONE, I will probably go streaking. Seriously. And when I get arrested, I will have the biggest and most satisfied smile on my face. Anything under 200 lbs. was always my initial goal, but my dream would be 175lbs.

  • Is there a finish line date? I really feel like this has become a life change for me, so I don't even want to think of a finish.

  • Did you have any challenges? Now that I am in a plateau, I am finding it challenging to stay motivated and upbeat when the numbers on the scale aren't moving. I think my next challenge is changing up my routine. I still believe that my biggest challenge is myself - the self doubt, the "poor me" days, the guilt of taking so much "me time".

  • What is your new diet/exercise routine? I joined a Learn to Run clinic in August and haven't looked back. I am now training for a half marathon for September. I try to eat a healthy breakfast and lunch and just less of whatever I would eat at supper.

  • What has been the best change? My inner strength and confidence, for sure. I have never been one to be quiet about things and continuing to be vocal about the work keeps me accountable and has seemed to help others stay accountable or challenge themselves. Having a feeling that maybe I am helping others and inspire others is the greatest self esteem boost I could have ever thought possible!
  • Kate's Before

    Kate's Amazing After (During) 


    My aunt Shawna Posted this yesterday, and I thought it was totally appropriate for my blog! Thanks for the laugh and the great picture Shawna. 


    Dancing 4 Cheeseburgers,

    Weight Loss: 
    Weeks Loss: -3.2 lbs (Last weigh in Monday June 29)
    Total Loss: -16.7 lbs (Since May 28) 
    Goal: -50 lbs (By March 5, 2016)
    *Only -33.3 lbs to go*

    Inches Loss: 
    Bust: -3 inches
    Waist: -2 inches
    Hips: -4 inches 

    Total Inches Loss: -9 inches

No comments:

Post a Comment